Dr. Sulekha Agrawal provides general dental care to patients in Columbia, MD. General dentistry may encompass issues such as emergency dentistry, impacted wisdom teeth, or infected gums. At Columbia Family Dental Care, Dr. Agrawal and her dental team provide an array of dental services that target gum and tooth problems.
Routine dental care is an important part of maintaining oral health and preventing further dental problems. When patients visit our office at least twice a year, we are able to keep track of any dental issues that arise. Professional dental treatments supplement your at-home oral hygiene routine.
Professional Dental Cleanings
Everyone must brush and floss their teeth to maintain good health. However, this is not enough to keep harmful bacteria away. Professional dental cleanings at Columbia Family Dental Care will remove calculus and bacteria in places your toothbrush and floss cannot reach. A trained dental professional uses special tools to keep your teeth and gums plaque and tartar free. We will do at each routine visit to aid in your oral hygiene. Our dental hygienists and dental team can also examine your teeth and gums for any issues.
During routine preventive dental appointments, we may also perform an oral cancer screening and take digital x-rays. Our preventative treatments include fluoride varnishes and antibiotic rinses. These treatments fight disease and infections and may prevent more complex concerns. These steps ensure that your teeth and gums remain in good health for many years.
General Dental Care in Columbia, MD
Dr. Agrawal offers a variety of dental treatments and solutions for common dental problems.
- Custom Mouthguards: If you or your child play contact sports, we highly suggest wearing a custom sports mouthguard. Mouthguards protect the teeth from damage and can even lessen the impact of concussions. They offer much more protection from dental trauma than store-bought mouth pieces. The process to get one from a dentist is simple. We take dental impressions of your teeth to ensure that your mouthguard fits properly and allows you to speak clearly during games.
- Dental Trauma: If you have sudden toothaches, damaged or lost teeth, or a broken dental restoration, we can help. Contact our office in the event of a dental emergency as soon as you can. Our office staff will make sure that we see you in a timely manner. In the event of a dental emergency, the faster you seek treatment, the better outcome you will have.
- Family Dentistry: We serve patients of all ages at Columbia Family Dental Care. Our dentists can see multiple members of your family in one dental visit. We offer age-appropriate treatment for toddlers, teens, adults, and seniors.
- Laser Dentistry: Dental lasers provide minimally invasive and comfortable gum treatments. If you have excess gum tissue or require gum disease treatments, laser dentistry can help. Using light and heat to precisely cut gum tissue, dental lasers offer quick and efficient treatment.
- Dental Sedation: Sedation dentistry is a treatment method that makes it easier for patients with dental fear or anxiety to receive dental care. You will have the option to use dental sedation during procedures such as implant surgery or tooth extractions. We offer both oral conscious sedation and nitrous oxide. Both sedation options are very safe and effective.
- Tooth Extractions: It is sometimes necessary to remove a tooth for your own oral health and wellness. We can remove impacted wisdom teeth, severely decayed teeth, or overcrowded teeth. We can use sedation or anesthesia so patients do not feel pain during their treatment and do not remember the procedure. Before the dentist resorts to extracting the tooth, they will exhaust all measures to save the tooth first.
Schedule a Dental Exam Today
Are you looking for a new Columbia, MD dentist? Call 410.730.0011 or request a consultation with Dr. Agrawal on our website. The whole dental team at Columbia Family Dental Care helps patients restore the health and appearance of their smiles.