Dr. Sulekha Agrawal provides general dental care to patients in Columbia, MD. General dentistry may encompass issues such as emergency dentistry, impacted wisdom teeth, or infected gums. At Columbia Family Dental Care, Dr. Agrawal and her dental team provide an array of dental services that target gum and tooth problems.
Routine dental care is an important part of maintaining oral health and preventing further dental problems. When patients visit our office at least twice a year, we are able to keep track of any dental issues that arise. Professional dental treatments supplement your at-home oral hygiene routine.
Professional Dental Cleanings
Sometimes brushing and flossing are not enough to keep harmful bacteria away. Professional dental cleanings at Columbia Family Dental Care will remove calculus and bacteria in places your toothbrush and floss cannot reach. Our dental hygienists and dental team can also examine your teeth and gums for any issues.
During routine dental appointments, we also may perform an oral cancer screening or take digital x-rays. Our preventative treatments include fluoride varnishes and antibiotic rinses. These treatments fight disease and infections and may prevent more complex concerns.
General Dental Care in Columbia, MD
Dr. Agrawal offers a variety of dental treatments and solutions for common dental problems.
- Custom Mouthguards: If you or your child play contact sports, you need a sports mouthguard. Mouthguards protect the teeth from damage and can even lessen the impact of concussions. We take dental impressions of your teeth to ensure that your mouthguard fits properly and allows you to speak clearly during games.
- Dental Trauma: If you have sudden toothaches, damaged or lost teeth, or a broken dental restoration, we can help. Contact our office in the event of a dental emergency. We will make sure that you are seen in a timely manner.
- Family Dentistry: We serve patients of all ages at Columbia Family Dental Care. Our dentists can see multiple members of your family in one dental visit.
- Laser Dentistry: Dental lasers provide minimally invasive and comfortable gum treatments. If you have excess gum tissue or require gum disease treatments, laser dentistry can help. Using light and heat to precisely cut gum tissue, dental lasers offer quick and efficient treatment.
- Dental Sedation: Sedation dentistry is a treatment method that makes it easier for patients with dental fear or anxiety to receive dental care. Dental sedation may also be used during procedures such as implant surgery or tooth extractions.
- Tooth Extractions: It is sometimes necessary to remove a tooth for your own oral health and wellness. We can remove impacted wisdom teeth, severely decayed teeth, or overcrowded teeth. We can use sedation or anesthesia so patients do not feel pain during their treatment and do not remember the procedure.
Schedule a Dental Appointment
Are you looking for a new Columbia, MD dentist? Call 410.221.3097 or request a consultation with Dr. Agrawal on our website. The whole dental team at Columbia Family Dental Care is committed to helping patients restore the health and appearance of their smiles.