Dr. Sulekha Agrawal of Columbia Family Dental Care provides restorative dentistry to her patients in Columbia, MD. Restorative dental solutions can benefit patients with gaps in their smile, a gum infection, or jaw and bite disorders. With restorative dentistry, patients not only improve the look of their teeth and gums but their health as well.
Dr. Agrawal and her dental team provides custom dental restorations and restorative care. Preventative care takes an extra step to stop dental problems from worsening. For instance, if a patient’s gums bleed when they brush or floss their teeth, they may require a dental cleaning. Routine care in our dental office can prevent problems like bleeding gums from turning into gum disease.
Is Restorative Dentistry Right For Me?
Even if you have problems with your bite or are fighting off a dental infection, we are able to restore the health of your smile. Our Columbia dental team creates treatment plans to make sure that we fix underlying issues first and foremost. After we evaluate your teeth and gums, we will create a treatment plan for your approval. Dr. Agrawal offers these dental solutions for missing or worn teeth and infected gums:
- Dental Bridges: A bridge is two anchors that support prosthetic teeth. Dental bridges are best for patients with multiple missing teeth. When dental implants secure a bridge, it actually helps support your tooth and jawbone structure. Patients may also choose easily removable bridges.
- Dental Crown: They are a versatile solution. For example, a crown can cap dental implants, or protect a damaged tooth after a root canal. A dentist can use porcelain ceramic to create dental crowns. Crowns not only look like natural teeth but provide stability and strength to the tooth structure.
- Dental Implants: Dentists can use implants to replace single missing teeth or secure restorations for multiple lost teeth. Made of a titanium post, abutment, and dental crown, dental implants replace gaps in patient’s smiles at the root. Implant-secured restorations like dentures and bridges last longer and feel more like natural teeth than removable options.
- Dentures and Partials: Partial and full dentures can replace rows of missing teeth or full arches of lost teeth. Our team works with patients to determine which option best fits their needs. We also ensure that the jawbone is healthy enough to receive dentures before treatment.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Bacteria buildup on and around the gums causes periodontitis, or gum disease. Gum disease can lead to gum recession, loose teeth, and even bone loss. We can help remove the gum infection and prevent tooth loss with our effective periodontal therapy treatments.
- TMJ Treatment: An injured temporomandibular joint on either side of the head can cause problems. Symptoms of TMJ problems can include teeth clenching and grinding, jaw pain, and worn teeth. We offer treatment that can relieve TMJ pain or realign the teeth.
Request a Dental Consultation
Do you want to restore your smile? Call our Columbia, MD dental office for treatment at 410.730.0011. You may also schedule an appointment with Dr. Agrawal online.